Hello all! I just thought I would give a heads-up on a few of the posts I plan on writing up over the next month. I’d like to review Breaking Bad Season 5 as it airs. Considering that I spend more time thinking about, analyzing, gushing and mulling over that show more than pretty much any film, I find it appropriate to air out my thoughts as each episode airs. So expect some thoughts on Sunday’s premiere in the next few days. I will also be watching and reviewing Joachim Trier’s sophomore work Oslo, August 31st. A review for 2004’s A Very Long Engagement, a Reintroduction Post, a Worst-Blu Ray Cover file, a Potential Double Feature and finally the 90’s Edition of Film Character I Have an Irrational Hatred Towards are all posts I am aiming to have up over the next month.
This has been an exciting week between Breaking Bad premiering, Shut Up and Play the Hits having its one-night only showing and The Dark Knight Rises on Friday, which I will be seeing at midnight. I plan on rewatching The Dark Knight, a film I like a great deal but (!) that’s about it. Suffice it to say I am still very excited for the final installment. However, the vitriol being spewed onto critics are have ambivalent/negative reactions to the film is not surprising but still despicable and depressing. I hate to generalize, but sometimes fanboys just piss me the hell off. Rant over.
All grades are ultimately arbitrary and are there mainly for my own posterity.
214. Caged (1950, Marshall): A-
215. Mirror Mirror (2012, Singh): D-
216. Street of Shame (1956, Mizoguchi): A-
217. The Deep Blue Sea (2012, Davies): B
218. Executioners (1993, To & Ching): D+
219. Party Girl (1958, Ray): C-
220. Smiles of a Summer Night (1955, Bergman): A
221. A Very Long Engagement (2004, Jeunet): A-
222. On the Beach (1959, Kramer): B-
223. Bullhead (2012, Roskam): B+/B
224. Pather Panchali (1955, Ray): B/B-
225. Harakiri (1962, Kobayashi): A/A-
226. Red Desert (1964, Antonioni): A
227. Seconds (1966, Frankenheimer): B/B-
228. The Passion of Anna (1969, Bergman): B-
229. The Naked Kiss (1964, Fuller): B+
230. John Carter (2012, Stanton): C+/C